10 Processes of a Positive, Healthy, Relationship
February 5, 2009 by Vauna Beauvais
Information for Couples
Does your relationship pass the health-test, or is there room for growth?
Use the checklist below to MOT your love-life
10 Processes of a Positive, Healthy Relationship
1) Partners can manage conflict and differences without despair or threats.
2) Both partners protect and nourish the relationship and prioritise it.
3) Both partners know how to be responsible for their own needs and also for the care of the relationship.
4) Both partners can communicate wants, needs, feelings, and emotional issues without feeling shame.
5) Arguments or fights do not lead to abuse or threatened break-ups.
6) Both partners attend to the needs of each other willingly and lovingly.
7) The sexual relationship works well and is mutually satisfying.
8) Both partners can and do keep agreements.
9) Both partners are honest.
10) Both partners have boundaries.
Additionally, the relationship feels and supportive, safe, comfortable, and fun.