Here are a few of my faves:
“Love has a hem to her garment that reaches to the very dust. It sweeps the stains from the streets and lanes, and because it can, it must”. Mother Teresa
“To love and be loved is the greatest happiness of existence.” Sydney Smith
“Love knows no reasons, love knows no lies. Love defies all reasons, love has no eyes. But love is not blind, love sees but doesn’t mind.” Anonymous
“The human heart, at whatever age, opens to the heart that opens in return.” Maria Edgeworth
“A house is made with walls and beams; a home is built with love and dreams.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
“A part of you has grown in me. And so you see, it’s you and me together forever; and never apart, maybe in distance, but never in heart.” Anonymous
“You can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving.” Amy Carmichael
“Good night, sweet friend: thy love ne’er alter, till thy sweet life end” William Shakespeare in A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act ii, Sc.3
Information for Couples
Does your relationship pass the health-test, or is there room for growth?
Use the checklist below to MOT your love-life
10 Processes of a Positive, Healthy Relationship
1) Partners can manage conflict and differences without despair or threats.
2) Both partners protect and nourish the relationship and prioritise it.
3) Both partners know how to be responsible for their own needs and also for the care of the relationship.
4) Both partners can communicate wants, needs, feelings, and emotional issues without feeling shame.
5) Arguments or fights do not lead to abuse or threatened break-ups.
6) Both partners attend to the needs of each other willingly and lovingly.
7) The sexual relationship works well and is mutually satisfying.
8) Both partners can and do keep agreements.
9) Both partners are honest.
10) Both partners have boundaries.
Additionally, the relationship feels and supportive, safe, comfortable, and fun.